2015年9月7日月曜日

Things that made me happy this week #5

First things that made me happy post for a while! Yay!

1) Netflix coming to Japan

Japan really doesn't have that many (or any, really) cheap options for watching stuff legally, so I'm really excited that we have netflix now! I'm looking forward to watching lots of things, yay!

2) My chest starting to get back to normal

Since my last week in England I have had this pretty awful cough and a lot of chest issues... I'm still not quite right, but I am definitely improving! This is definitely a cause for celebration.

3) Going on a day trip with my husband

At the weekend my husband and I went up to Ibaraki prefecture (about 2 hours away from where we live by train) and it was nice to spend a day with him! Alas we weren't going to do fun things, but I love train journeys and we ate some nice food so yay!

4) Finally mastering my husband's potato salad recipe

I have tried many times over the years to imitate my husband's potato salad, as it is the nicest that I have ever had, but I have always failed to get it right. But I think I've finally done it! It only took me about 6 years of watching him make it, haha.

5) Planning a new blog

Because let's face it, I am a terrible book blogger. I barely update, and even when I write reviews they tend to sit in my drafts folder forever. I also never have anything particularly interesting to say (I'm not compliment seeking, haha). So I'm planning a new blog that will be more general and so will hopefully be updated a lot more (but of course I will still talk about what I've been reading!)


....Can you tell by this list that I have barely been leaving my house recently? Stupid cough! Also stupid horrendous weather! I am going to be less of a hermit this week though.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I've taken it for granted that I have Netflix - I had no idea that Japan didn't have a netflix!!! And I'm glad that you're feeling better :) Eat more magical potato salad, and I'm sure you'll return to good health in no time! (do you have a recipe you can share? I love Korean-style potato salad, and wonder if this one would taste different... I use kewpie for mine!)

    Keep me posted on your new blog so I can follow that one too :)

    返信削除
    返信

    1. I just tried to write out the recipe, but seeing as we don't really have a formal recipe it was sort of difficult to explain without pictures!! I'll take pictures next time I make it (may well be this week, as we just got a load of potatoes in our weekly vegetable box!) and then do a proper post about it :D We use kewpie too, I'm not sure that this would work that well with the kind of mayonnaise that you get in England...

      I have never had Korean-style potato salad, I wonder how similar it is! Post a picture on instagram next time you make it :D

      削除